INFORMATION ON RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION ETHICS
- Insight Turkey is an international, refereed, indexed journal which is published as 4 issues (January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December) annually. Special or additional issues can be published when necessary.
- Insight Turkey is published in English.
- Insight Turkey publishes studies on Political Sciences, International Relations, Regional Studies, Economics, Public Administration, Sociology and Islamic Studies which are the main fields of Social Sciences and Humanities. It only publishes the texts of original scientific studies.
- Sending a manuscript to any of Insight Turkey’s e-mail addresses is accepted as a submission for publication, starting the evaluation process of the manuscript.
- The printing and publication rights of the manuscripts sent to Insight Turkey for publication will be transferred to the journal. These manuscripts cannot be published, reproduced or used without reference and without the permission of the journal management. Insight Turkey can further publish the texts in other places.
- Manuscripts submitted to Insight Turkey should not have been previously published by any other publisher or be in the evaluation process of another publisher.
- Any legal, economic and ethical responsibility that may arise from manuscripts submitted to Insight Turkey journal belongs to its authors, even if the manuscript has been published. The journal does not accept any liability.
JOURNAL POLICY ON RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION ETHICS
- For studies requiring the approval of the Ethics Committee (any research conducted with qualitative / quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using survey, interview, focus group study, observation, experiment or interview techniques, using humans and animals for experimental or other scientific purposes, and including retrospective studies in accordance with the law on protection of personal data), the necessary permissions must be obtained from the ethics committees or commissions and these must be stated in the content of the manuscript or presented as an attachment. In the absence of these permissions, the publication is returned to the author during the preliminary review phase.
- In addition, for all types of data used, such as scales, questionnaires, photographs, etc., permission must be obtained from the owners and be stated in the manuscript.
- A retrospective ethics committee approval is not required for manuscripts produced from post-graduate / doctoral studies (these conditions should be stated in the article), using research data before 2020.
- It is essential that the raw data of the researches that are under the referee evaluation process be submitted when requested by the referees. It is also obligatory to provide the data when necessary after the publication of the article.
JOURNAL POLICY REGARDING MANUSCRIPT SIMILARITY REPORT AND SIMILARITY RATIO
- Candidate manuscripts are passed through the academic plagiarism prevention program (Ithenticate, CrossRef).
- Manuscripts with a similarity rate of up to 15% are accepted into the evaluation process.
- Manuscripts with a similarity rate of up to 20% shall be evaluated after being discussed in the editorial board, if deemed appropriate.
- Manuscripts with a similarity rate of over 20% are not evaluated and reported to the author.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR AUTHORS
- Authors guarantee that their work is original and when they include other researchers' ideas, statements, pictures, graphics and tables in their work; they must cite this as a quote. Quotations without specifying the source are considered as plagiarism.
- Each author named in the study is equally responsible for the content of the study. It is unacceptable that the name of a researcher is not included or the name of the researcher is unfairly included even though s/he has not contributed to the study.
- Authors must remain faithful to the findings of their research. Changing findings, making up findings and conclusions and conducting research based on them will render the work invalid. Situations such as tampering, deleting, removing or skipping the interpretation of data that are difficult to cope with also eliminate the scientific value and validity of the study.
- Simultaneous submission of the study to journals is not welcome by Insight Turkey. Previously published works of the authors are also not accepted.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR REFEREES
- Referees should submit an objective, impartial, scientific, understandable and constructive evaluation report about the study within the specified period.
- Referee reports will also include an assessment of the scientific nature of the article (subject handled, method used or appropriate use of the relevant literature). This evaluation must be made about the content, whether positive or negative.
- When it is understood that there is plagiarism or the manuscript has been published elsewhere before, the referees should report the situation to the editor.
- Referees should know that the evaluation process is confidential and should not be shared with third parties.
- Each manuscript sent to Insight Turkey is first evaluated by the editor or the assistant editors in terms of compliance with the principles of the publication. As a result of this evaluation, if there are any corrections to be made by the author, the article is sent back to the author requesting the necessary changes.
- Manuscripts that do not comply with the principles of the publication are not sent to the referee within the scope of the evaluation process.
- Manuscripts deemed suitable for evaluation in terms of the principles of the publication are sent to the referees. At least two referees are assigned to evaluate each manuscript which is approved by the editor. Referees are selected from people who have expertise in the field represented by the article.
- The names of the referees and authors are kept mutually confidential.
- The evaluation period given to the referees is a maximum of 21 days (including holidays). At the end of this period if the article has not been evaluated a new referee is appointed.
- Referees make suggestions in terms of acceptance, revision or rejection of the manuscripts. The manuscript, which receives two positive referee reports, is entitled to be published after a final editorial evaluation. The article, which receives a positive and negative referee report, is sent to a third referee, and whether the manuscript shall be published or not is re-evaluated in accordance with the report of the third referee.
- The referees do not need to re-read the manuscript if they have requested secondary significant (minor) corrections. If they have asked for major corrections, they see it once more after the manuscript has been corrected by the author and submit another evaluation report on whether the necessary changes were implemented.
- The authors can object to the referee report within a reasonable framework and with convincing data. Objections are reviewed by the editorial board and, if deemed appropriate, the opinions of a different referee (or referees) can be consulted on the subject.
- All stages of the evaluation process of the manuscripts sent to Insight Turkey are notified to the authors via e-mail.
- Journal editors scrupulously follow the corrections given by the referees. Accordingly, a decision may be taken by the editors to publish or not to publish an article.